Do you owe taxes that you can’t pay? Don’t know how to get out from under the IRS? Does the IRS say that you owe taxes that you DON’T think you owe? At Bill Hullum CPA PC, we offer fixed pricing on tax relief services, and our team is ready to help you stop hiding and start living.
If you received a letter from the IRS, owe back taxes, or are years behind in filing your taxes – you have come to the right place. We have helped countless clients with IRS debt settlement, and we’re ready to help you too.
Why You Shouldn’t Wait to Resolve Your Back Taxes
- Compounding Interest: When you’re late on your taxes, you owe more and more every day due to interest, so waiting long periods is a recipe for disaster.
- Penalty Payments: In addition to the extra amount you owe on unpaid taxes from interest, there is also a separate fee for filing late or failing to pay. This may seem like a small fee at first, but it rises every month that your taxes remain unpaid.
- Wage Garnishments: If you ignore the IRS, they will begin to take the matter into their own hands. One way they do this is wage garnishments, where they will deduct a certain amount of money from each of your paychecks. Garnishments are fairly common, so don’t be afraid to ask us about tax garnishment help.
- Tax Liens and Tax Levies: In extreme situations, the IRS can lay a claim against your property until you pay what is owed — this is called a tax lien. If you still fail to produce the amount owed, they will proceed with a tax levy, where your property or assets are seized from your possession until the tax debt is satisfied. If you receive an intent to levy letter from the IRS, you need to act immediately.
- Criminal Investigation: If the tax debt is bad enough, you can actually be tried in court on criminal charges. This is the most extreme scenario, but a clear warning against ignoring the issue — back taxes can have much more serious consequences than just hurting your wallet.
Tax Relief Help
If you need help with your back taxes, we have solutions. Even if you don’t have the money to pay the taxes you owe, there are several courses of action you can pursue, and contacting our local CPA team should be your first step.
The Worst Thing You Can Do Is Nothing
No matter how you decide to handle your problems with the IRS, the worst thing you can do is nothing. Even by just answering to the IRS and acknowledging that you’re aware of the problem, you can often work things out in a way that will lessen the consequences or temporarily avoid them.
However, the best thing you can do is contact Bill Hullum CPA PC for all of your tax relief needs. We have served thousands of clients from Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Louisiana and throughout the U.S.
Contact us today!
We're here to help
Our experienced team of accounting professionals can help you navigate today’s increasingly complex environment with the knowledge, energy, and careful attention to detail that you deserve, nurturing growth and shielding you from pitfalls – freeing you from accounting headaches to focus on doing what you love.
Contact us today to see how we can help you or your business achieve financial stability and peace of mind.
Get in touch with us
© 2021 Bill Hullum CPA, PC